Sasana Education Sdn Bhd (Sasana International School)
Awaken The Mind, Activitate The Will, Aspire To Be
We’re looking for a teacher librarian who is passionate about books and reading to engage our young students in reading, assist with library lessons and information literacy programmes and oversee the development of our library collection.
Training & Qualifications:
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- A relevant qualification (bachelors, postgraduate diploma or masters)
- Computer literate – familiar with MS Office
- Previous experience working in a library is an advantage.
- A working knowledge of library cataloguing / dewy decimal is preferred but not essential as training can be given.
- Knowledgeable about children’s and young adult literature
The responsibilities of the teacher librarian include:
- Oversee the operation of the school & teacher library, management of the library collections, acquisitions, cataloguing, & processing, loans, inventory, and day-to-day functioning of the library as an information hub.
- Provision of library lessons & support for students undertaking research
- Oversee library support staff & student librarians & liaise with curriculum / subject department lead teachers.
- To work with a high level of organization; attention to detail; the ability to prioritise and problem solve are important skills.
For further information please submit your CV and contact details using the link provided, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org